Hosted by Family Enterprise USA, our presenter is Mark E. Lingerfield, MPI.
Mark is a Partner at MPI and is based in the firm’s Princeton office. He is responsible for client service and business development strategies in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Since joining MPI, Mark has determined the value of closely held securities of companies for a variety of purposes, including estate and gift taxes, income taxes, fairness opinions, stock purchase plans, buy-sell agreements, ownership succession, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, corporate and shareholder planning and S corporation conversions.
This webinar will include:
- Discussion of minority vs. enterprise values for privately-owned businesses, and differences in methodology for each.
- Why business valuation is required when doing complex estate planning for business owners.
- Typical issues raised by IRS for business valuations in gift/estate tax transactions.
- Issues with doing complex estate planning in anticipation of potential exit event.
- Exit planning process, and the role business valuation plays
Family Enterprise USA advocates for American Family business. We help family businesses communicate their challenges and contributions to American economic freedom to Legislators. We represent all American family businesses; not just specific industries and provide research to enhance the opportunity for success. We help family businesses continue to establish their unique business legacy. Family Enterprise USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.. Family foundations can donate.
@FamilyEnterpriseUSA @PolicyAndTaxationGroup @DitchTheEstateTax #FamilyBusiness #Business #SmallBiz #EstateTax #Deathtax #CapitalGainsTax #StepUpInBasis #Taxes #gifttax #Generationskippingtax #InheritanceTax #repealestatetax #promotefamilybusinesses #taxLegislation #AdvocatingForFamilyBusinesses #incometax #Generationallyowned #Multigenerationalbusiness #taxseason #federaltaxpolicy #FamilyEnterpriseUSA #PolicyAndTaxationGroup #DitchTheEstateTax