This year’s survey, conducted between January 6, 2021 and March 31st, 2021 by Family Enterprise USA, delivers many insights with regard to family businesses.
- Almost 82% of the respondents are CEO/President/Chairman or Senior Management in the family businesses; 58% have annual revenues in excess of $10 million and 30% have $50 million or more; 2021 59% over $20 million.
- 35% have 50 to 500 employees and 17% have more than 500 employees. 52% of business owners believe they pay above average wages and benefits to their employees.
- Almost 17% of business owners have been in business 100 years or more and 76% have been in business for more than 30 years.
- Income tax is the key tax policy concern for business owners then Capital Gains and next the Estate tax. Business owners would prefer to have the current lifetime exemption made permanent, then have the rate reduced and then a repeal of the tax.
- Economic Policy issues are 1) the Estate tax, 2) too much government regulations, and 3) would like a simplification of the tax code.
Family Enterprise USA advocates for American Family business. We help family businesses communicate their challenges and contributions to American economic freedom to Legislators. We represent all American family businesses; not just specific industries and provide research to enhance the opportunity for success. We help family businesses continue to establish their unique business legacy. Family Enterprise USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.. Family foundations can donate.